Cleveland Clinic, the 3rd largest hospital system in the country and leading medical innovators have added Chinese Herbal Medicine in 2014 as an integral part of their Center for Integrative Medicine. You can read more about this at: (link to articles from Time, USA Today, etc). They have found that Chinese herbal formulas, properly prescribed by well-trained and certified practitioners, can be used for a wide variety of health-related conditions and imbalances.
Chinese herbs and herbal therapies can help you to regain balance in your body and to strengthen your body’s immune system and thus resistance to illness and disease. Chinese herbs and formulas can be used to address and treat a wide variety of conditions, to include:
- Decrease and prevent cold and flu symptoms, seasonal illnesses
- Increase energy levels
- Support healing and energy levels after illness and surgery
- Support and enhance healthy immune system function
- Help treat various types of sinus and respiratory/breathing conditions
- Help to support a healthy digestive system
- Decrease pain & inflammation
- Help to support and promote healing of injuries
- Improve menopausal and various hormonal imbalances (thyroid, adrenal,)
- Help to support healthy sleep patterns
- Reduce side-effects from chemotherapy and radiation
- Help to stabilize healthy blood sugar levels
(Note: While modern Chinese herbs and formulas have a long history of a safety, it is important to consult with a qualified herbalist if they are to be taken while also taking prescription medications, especially blood thinners (Coumadin, etc.).
We have a complete herbal and natural supplement pharmacy onsite at Lotus Healing Arts, emphasizing the highest quality. All of our Chinese and Western herbs and formulas are manufactured in the USA at GMP certified and FDA monitored facilities. This means that they are screened for and free of: contaminants, pesticides, heavy metals, etc. and are pure and provide only the highest quality herbal extracts and constituents.
Dr. Mark Ensweiler has the knowledge and clinical experience to determine if Chinese herbs and formulas might be helpful and relevant for your health issues and concerns. He is available to offer consultations (in person or over the phone, by appointment) regarding herbal therapies as they relate to acute or chronic & complex health conditions that you or your loved ones may be experiencing.
*** Special offer: A complimentary 10 minute phone consultation is available with Dr. Ensweiler to help determine if Chinese herbs and formulas might be helpful and/or appropriate for you and your health condition.
The video below offers more insights into Chinese Herbs and Formulas for Modern Health Conditions: